Some older news.
- Command-line flags
-binding-stack-sizehave been addded to control the size of the corresponding region. The default size of each is unchanged.
- The format of the file-comments has changed somewhat. The
$Header$keyword is retained, but the git short SHA1 hash is used for the revision.
The CMUCL CVS repository has been converted to git and is now available. You can browse the repository using the ~Browse Source link above, or you can visit ~CMUCL gitweb for a different view. This page also includes links necessary for cloning the repository. (For commiters, be sure to put your userid in the ssh link.)
The CVS repository will still be available, but will not allow checkins anymore.
Git is integrated with Trac so the commit messages can refer to and even close Trac tickets. If the commit messages contains text like
command #1 command #1, #2 command #1 & #2 command #1 and #2
then the given command is applied to the specified tickets. Instead of the short-hand syntax above, you can also use
command ticket:1 command ticket:1, ticket:2 command ticket:1 & ticket:2 command ticket:1 and ticket:2
The available commands (not case-sensitive) are:
close, closed, closes, fix, fixed, fixes:
The specified issue numbers are closed with the contents of this commit message being added to it.
references, refs, addresses, re, see:
The specified issue numbers are left in their current status, but the contents of this commit message are added to their notes.
- ASDF2 updated to version 2.017.
- Improve type propagation for
- Getting documentation of a structure via
DOCUMENTATIONno longer signals an error.
- Reduce unnecessary consing of
- Make stack overflow checking actually work on Mac OS X. The
implementation had the
:STACK-CHECKINGfeature, but it didn't actually prevent stack overflows from crashing lisp.
- Fix rounding of numbers larger than a fixnum.
There was no snapshot for this month.
- Unicode database updated to Unicode 6.0.0.
- ASDF2 updated to version 2.016.1
LISP:LOAD-ALL-UNICODE-DATAto load all the unicode information into core. This is useful for creating an executable image that does not need unidata.bin.
- CMUCL no longer exits if you specify a core file with an executable image. A warning is printed instead and the core file is used.
#43has been fixed in a better way. The previous fix was incorrect and causes some Unicode tests to fail.
:CMUCLis now in
- Added command line option,
-unidata, to allow user to specify the location and name of the
unidata.binfile. This is used instead of the default location.
- Opening a file whose name contains "[" with
:IF-EXISTS :NEW-VERSIONno longer causes an error.
There was no snapshot in May, partly due to the ongoing upgrade on common-lisp.net.
COMPILE-FILE, the second return value is now non-nil if there are style warnings. Previously, style warnings were erroneously ignored.
- ASDF has been updated to version 2.014.1
:OUTPUT-FILEcan also be a stream. CMUCL was erroneously signaling an error..
(OPEN f :DIRECTION :IO :IF-DOES-NOT-EXIST NIL)no longer signals an error if the file
fdoes not exist. It returns
- In some situations the compiler could not constant fold
KERNEL:%SQRTwas not defined on x86 with SSE2. This is fixed now.
- In an earlier snapshot to add support for character name completion
with Slime, a bug was
introduced where cmucl could no longer read
#\latin_small_letter_a. This is fixed in this version.
EXT::DESCRIBE-EXTERNAL-FORMATwas not exported.
TRACEwas erroneously allowing encapsulation when tracing local flet/labels functions. This doesn't actually trace anything. An error is now signaled in this case. If you are sure, you can specify
:ENCAPSULATE NILto disable encapsulation.
- Initial support for Solaris/x86. CMUCL will run on Solaris/x86 with all features available.
UNINTERNno longer removes the wrong symbol.
UNINTERNwould remove the symbol when inherited from another package although it should not.
DEFSTRUCTallows multiple keyword constructors as required by the spec.
SUBSEQwith an end index less than the start index sometimes crashes CMUCL. Now, signal an error if the bounds are not valid.
- Localization support was causing many calls to
stattrying to find non-existent translation files. This has been fixed so that the results are cached. (If new translations are added, the cache will need to be cleared or cmucl restarted.) This change cuts building time by half on Solaris/sparc.
- On NetBSD, function-end breakpoints, especially for tail-recursive functions, are working now.
- On NetBSD, display of FP numbers (sse2 and x87) during tracing has been corrected. Previously, random values were displayed.
- Executables images can now be created on NetBSD again.
20b patch 000
A critical bug in
IMAGPART has been fixed in the
2010-11 snapshot. A
is provided now to fix this issue in the 20b release. Installation
instructions are available.