Old News from 20c and later
READ-CYCLE-COUNTERno longer destroys any live values in the
VM::WITH-CYCLE-COUNTERto return the number of ticks elapsed when executing the body. The number of ticks is the number of CPU cycles, except for ppc/darwin.
- ASDF2 updated to version 2.24
- Add microptimization of
xis a float and
nis an integer.
- Fixed a minor build issue in the CLM debugger.
- ASDF2 updated to version 2.23.
- CMUCL can now be compiled correctly with clang.
- Fixed a possible stack corruption bug on x86 when calling from C into lisp.
- Support for Mac OSX 10.4 and earlier has been dropped. (Lack of developer access to such machines.)
- ASDF2 updated to version 2.22.
- Minor internal changes to support building with clang, which doesn't yet work as expected.
- Implement faster
LOGCOUNTfunction on x86, if
:SSE3feature is available. (Only applies to new uses of LOGCOUNT. The core uses the default version.)
- On x86,
SET-FLOATING-POINT-MODESclears any current and accrued exceptions that match exceptions in :TRAPS. Previously, enabling a trap when the current exception also listed that trap caused the exception to be immediately signaled. This no longer happens and now matches how ppc and sparc behave.
- ASDF2 updated to version 2.21.
- Many additional aliases for external formats added that match the glibc iconv aliases.
- External format for UTF-32 was generating an error when converting octets to a string.
- The UTF-16-BE and UTF-16-LE external formats were returning the incorrect number of octets when surrogates pairs were decoded. This confuses the stream buffering code.
- Fix typo in ISO8859-2 external format that caused it not to work correctly. This type potentially also caused failures for all other external formats that were based on ISO8859-2.
ticket:58: UTF-16 buffering problem.
- Added a new contrib,
contrib-packed-sse2to allow packed operations ala SSE2. Support for some packed sse2 operations like multiply, divide, and shuffle for both packed singles and doubles. All operations are done on top of
(complex double-float)numbers. Functions are provided to put and get packed singles/doubles from
- Some VOP costs were incorrect which prevented the fast complex double-float multiplier from being used when sse3 is available.
- Add micro-optimization for x86 (already available on sparc and ppc)
(logand <signed-byte 32> #xffffffff)generates a register move instead of and'ing with
- Updated to Unicode 6.1.0.
LISP:UNICODE-COMPLETEno longer signals an error if the prefix isn't a prefix of the name of any Unicode character.
build.shto force recompiling the C runtime.
- UTF-8 is now build into the core and always available.
- A bug in
UNICODE-COMPLETE-NAMEhas been fixed. (Mostly useful with Slime when completing character names.)
- An issue with blocked signals after an interrupt has been fixed.
- The ppc port has been revived; only a Unicode version is currently available.
- CMUCL was not printing pathnames like
(make-pathname :directory '(:absolute "tmp" "" "/"))correctly. This is now printed using
- The directory structure has been changed.
- ASDF2 updated to version 2.019.
- Behavior of
STRING-TO-OCTETShas changed. This is an incompatible change from the previous version but should be more useful when a buffer is given which is not large enough to hold all the octets for the given string. See docstring for more details.
DECODE-FLOATwas not correctly declared and could not be compiled to handle
CMUCL 20c released
Because of the release, there will not be a 2011-11 snapshot.