Fixes #94 (closed)
While doing this I discovered that:
- This bug also expresses itself if a newer asdf.lisp is
loaded directly (instead of going through
- The version number on the ASDF system itself is also broken if you
loada newer asdf.lisp on top of an existing ASDF.
That meant approach 3 was the only feasible solution, as approaches 1 and 2 would only work if the .asd files are available.
Draft until I also fix
upgrade-asdf. Its docstring is wrong: it currently returns T unconditionally, which causes the first
operate call in any given ASDF session to bail out early and restart, as if
operate may have been redefined.